Title: A Lighter Shade of Blue
Series: Kings of
Author: Shyla Colt
Publisher: Hot Ink
Content Warning: Explicit
sexual content, graphic violence
Recommended Age: 18+
the role of keeper of her older sister, Calla, Bluebell Strong has spent her
life cleaning up messes. Frustrated, unappreciated, and repressed, Blue drifts
away from her family. Suddenly, a jail sentence lands Calla in prison. She then
becomes her nephew, Bolton’s guardian. Pulled headfirst back into the life of
the Kings of Chaos M.C. she struggles to find a balance between who she must be
and who she’s always wanted to be. Bolton’s father, Shadow, the man she crushed
on since she was a teen, returns from prison. These back to back events forces
her to choose between duty and happiness.
After serving three years in jail for a brother, Kings of
Chaos enforcer, Shadow is done denying himself. The silent man, known for
making problems disappear spent years holding onto a secret that kept him from
the one thing he wants most, Blue. Beneath the hardened exterior of this
Warrior, rests a heart that beats for one woman. Laying all his cards on the
table, he risks upsetting the balance among the Strongs and the club to
complete the family he always wanted.
Excerpt from A Lighter Shade of Blue by Shyla Colt:
“How will it feel to be in my home with my son and my ex, and know neither of them will ever be yours?” she asks, taunting me. I clench my jaw. Times like this I know one-hundred percent that she knew about my forever crush on Shadow. The slick smile on her lips makes me want to slam her face into the metal table she’s seated in front of. Calla has always had the magical ability to pull out the worst in me. I bite my tongue so hard I taste the unmistakable metallic tinge of blood. Gripping the edge of my chair I take deep breaths. Silence falls as the papers are delivered. She signs and my tension eases. Once the papers reach my desk, I let out a sigh of relief. “You want to know how it’ll feel, Calla?” I whisper. She nods. “About the same way it’ll feel for you to be in here while I help Bolt grow, watch him graduate, and send him off to adulthood. All while living with the one man you procreated with who hates your guts.” Her jaw drops. I smirk. “We’re done here. Oh, and you’re welcome for the clean up on aisle Calla. If anything good can come out of this, it’s the fact you’ll be forced to get clean and hopefully, get your shit straight. I don’t feel competition, how could I? You’re a child in an adult’s body doing a piss poor job of managing her life. I don’t know where we went wrong, but I know it’s not on me. I think you woke up one day and decided to hate me. It used to bother me. Now, I’m just numb.”
About the Author:
Shyla Colt grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio, but has lived a variety of different places thanks to her wanderlust, interesting careers, and marriage to a United States Marine. She’s always loved books and wrote her very first novel at the age of fifteen. She keeps a copy of her first submission letter on her desk for inspiration.
After a lifetime of traveling, she settled down and knew her time had come to write. Diving into her new career like she does everything else, with enthusiasm, research and a lot of prayers, she had her first book published in June of 2011. As a full-time writer, stay at home mother, and wife, there’s never a dull moment in her household.
She weaves her tales in spare moments and the evenings with a cup of coffee or tea at her side and the characters in her head for company. A self-professed rebel with a pen. Her goal is to diversify romance as she continues to genre hop, and offer up strong female characters.
We’d like to welcome Shyla Colt!
1) Describe your relationship with a good book. It’s a friend I listen to attentively.
2) When did you first start writing and what was the first thing that you wrote that you were proud of? The very first thing, was a young adult novel I finished when I was fifteen. I went through the whole process of typing it up, writing an inquiry and choosing a publishing house. I was so proud of myself for going through all the steps.
3) Please describe your work ethic as an author. Write it until it’s done, and polish it till it shines as bright as I can make it. My personal goal is to make sure every book I put out is better than the previous one.
4) How do you balance your work as an author with the other aspects of your life? Very carefully. I’m also a stay at home mother, so most of my writing is broken up into small spurts.
5) Why did you write this book? Because Shadow appeared and refused to leave until I heard him out. Then I feel in love, and meet Blue. I’m character drive most of the time. These wonderful people show up and tell me their stories. I do my best to bring them to life.
6) What experiences from your past do you find yourself drawing upon repeatedly for inspiration in your work? All of them. It allows me to place myself in the characters show. In this book in potential, it was my desire to be there for my friends, even at the cost of my own happiness.
7) What do you hope to accomplish in the next five years, both as an author and in your outside life? I’d like to be more well-traveled, a better writer, and living on a few acres of land.
8) Since you are a storyteller, please tell one good lie about yourself.
Shyla Colt is completely addicted to scratch off.
Facebook | Twitter | Website
There is a tour wide giveaway. Prizes include the following:
Giveaway is International.
a Rafflecopter giveaway